Monday, August 24, 2009

Shark Attack, Baker Beach, San Francisco
















OK... so I'll propagate this one. By "this one" I mean that every word typed beyond this point should be considered hearsay rumor. 

So a friend of mine and I are driving down to the Santa Cruz area to go surf and take some photos this past weekend. He asks me, "So did you hear about Baker Beach?". This being a very broad question, I replied, "What about Baker?". I'm expecting him to tell me that the Bodysurfing had been unreal recently or that another tourist got pulled into the surf and had to be rescued or worse recovered by the Coast Guard. He responds by telling me that some beach walker with his or her dog were having a nice day recently. The beach walker throws a ball or stick out into the surf and "little buddy" goes running out to fetch it. Well no sooner than he gets to the ball or stick then, WHAM!!! A great white shark nails "little buddy" from below and takes him under. Supposedly a 911 call was placed during the incident.

Wow.

I'll let you decide what to make of it. I've felt relatively safe bodyboarding and bodysurfing Baker Beach a handful of times. I'll look into this some more and see if it is legit. Did you hear anything about this? If so drop me a line/comment.

No comments:

Post a Comment