Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Eureka! The GREEN RUSH is on!

So I'm speculating that some day I might look back at my life and say to myself, "you damn fool why on Earth did you not grow weed (marijauna, cacker, green buds, da' kush, buddha, ganga) when you had the chance to make a fortune?". Well of course being the law abiding parent and citizen of this great state of CA, the risk is not worth it. 

Not so for everyone in this City or even this neighborhood I choose to raise my daughter in. You heard it here first the Sunset District can now be referred to as Sunsetsterdam! There have been several articles recently on the growing number of busts on "grow houses" within this neighborhood. Just today an article in the San Francisco "Chronic"le caught my attention and focused on this very subject:


Tough one to call. Having spent five years of my life in Humboldt County as a student at Humboldt State University (Art Major / Speech Comm Minor / '94) I have learned to live around and respect those who choose to indulge in the ever so fragrant weed known as Mary Jane. But then again, not sure if I need my daughter walking past a "grow house" run by individuals not necessarily "our neighbors".

One thing is certain though, people are currently making a FORTUNE and those who wish to get in on the GREEN RUSH better hurry up before our local governments start to legalize it, tax the hell out of it and drive the selling price down significantly. This will be very interesting to watch as it unfolds and I'll just be watching from the sidelines.

If you by chance have never run into marijauna before and are curious as to what it looks like and the culture surrounding it I suggest that you go to High Times, a leading periodical on the subject.

No comments:

Post a Comment