Wednesday, August 19, 2009

California State Flag Redesign

OK so I'm not what you'd call a political activist. However, I must say that the headlines these days sure are focused on CA's 4 BILLION budget shortfall and I'm not just talking local headlines, national as well. An expose from the Newshour w/Jim Lerher:

California Grapples with Cuts to Safety Net Programs (Republicans should just skip this link)

With all the chaos and confusion of where CA is headed, and as a graphic designer by trade (currently employed too, thankfully) I was inspired to redesign our State's flag to bring it up to date to match today's headlines. With so many topics and issues I could not capture it with just one design. So I'll be posting a couple batches for your review, would like to hear which design you think has the most potential. 

DISCLAIMER: These designs are in no way to communicate any disloyalty or disrespect to the State of CA. I love my home State, the Golden State, and will work hard to do my part to dig us out of this debacle. Now if we could only get our politicians to help out too!

















DESIGN #1:
CA - Going Nowhere Quickly


















DESIGN #2:
CA - We laid-off the Bear, the Gopher was cheaper



















DESIGN #3:
CA - The price of education cuts 5 years from now


















DESIGN #4:
CA - Furlough Fridays


















DESIGN #5:
CA - For Sale! Cheap rates.


















DESIGN #6:
CA - TAXES! Besides, it's not that dangerous. Right?

No comments:

Post a Comment