Sunday, December 13, 2009

Pelican Inn, my Daughter's first Pub experience
























So I could not quite tell if my Daughter enjoyed the rainy hike up Dipsea Trail near Muir Woods in the Golden Gate National Recreation Area this past weekend. I was determined to get out rain or shine, it was definitely on the rainy side of the equation. We only got up the trail about 20 minutes before I inquired as to whether or not she was enjoying herself lashed to my back. The only response I got was, "car". Did not want to misinterpret this response so we headed back down.

I decided to drive back the way we came through Muir Beach. The Pelican Inn (not too impressed with their website), a small english styled bed and breakfast, is right off the road and I thought it might be fun to go take my daughter by. I've only been there once previously with a buddy and was impressed.

We entered through the main doors of the B&B and were warmly greeted by the hostess. I stated that we were weary travelers of the road as well as muddy trail path of Tam and needed a place of respite. I inquired if it was OK to bring my Daughter into the pub, "Sure, of course" she said. Perfect.

What a cool throw-back of a spot. If you are wanting to transport yourself back a 100 years with a cozy warm environment accented by tasty pints of beer and good folk music, this is your spot! And family friendly too. My daughter really liked the place - a very different environment than what she is used to.

After engaging the bartender in conversation for a short time and ordering a Lagunitas IPA, we grabbed a padded bench seat in the corner and hung out with candles surrounding us casting a warm glow - perfect after a wet hike. Crayons and coloring paper were immediately brought to us - a nice touch. They obviously get enough kids in here.

Can't wait to come back. I can only imagine what this Pub is like on a friday night with some live folk music, darts-a-fly'in and folks enjoying each others company and conversation. Would love to stay here over the weekend. They supposedly have wonderful rooms to stay in.

My daughter's first Pub experience was a huge success! The only downer, they forgot to bring me the Sheperd's Pie I ordered. The bartender apologized profusely and gave me the pint on the house - right proper of them! I gladly accepted.



















No comments:

Post a Comment