Thursday, October 15, 2009

10/14/09 Bay Bridge Snarl

So I spent (3) hours in my truck last night trying to get home. Typically my commute home to San Francisco (reverse) is about (1) hour. But not last night. Evidently there was a big rig overturn right on the new "S section" of the small bypass that was recently completed. It ended up funneling traffic down to one lane as the link above will show you.























So my second nominee for the Mike Stone JUSTICE award goes to...

...THE BIG RIG DRIVER WHO DID NOT SLOW DOWN AND ENDED UP JACKKNIFING HIS BIG RIG ON THE BAY BRIDGE AND TRIPLED THE LENGTH OF MY COMMUTE HOME AND THUS MAKING ME MISS TIME WITH MY FAMILY!!! (I hope the driver was OK)

I have included a pic from my i-Phone - what else am I supposed to do while crawling 2 hours over 2 miles?























For more information on the Mike Stone JUSTICE award, you can read about it here. Just pleased to be taking off on a hiking trip tonight far far away from bumper to bumper traffic and "the grind".

No comments:

Post a Comment