Sunday, October 25, 2009

MSR "Hubba" Tent Review
















THIS IS NOT A PAID REVIEW

^ I guess you need to declare if you have been paid to write a review for a company, product or service nowadays on the internet. I wish it was. This being my first review, I'll try and make it concise and the the point.

First off, let it be known that I am not a professional outdoorsman and that I only go out backpacking once a year, twice if I am lucky. I do however appreciate good equipment. With that being said I'd highly recommend MSR's "Hubba", solo, one person tent. 

I recently got back from a (4) day backpacking trip on the North Coast of CA. This being one of the toughest hikes I've made, I knew I needed to go lighter than previous trips. I decided to pony up and invest in a one man tent. I read a lot of reviews on various tents and decided on the "Hubba". A choice well made and here is why:

- Yes it is light, just shy of 3lbs
- No condensation issues what so ever
- Easy set up, great stakes, good tie downs
- Kept me completely dry
- Stitching seems durable
- Vestibule was sizable to stow shoes/gear
- Good head room, easy to sit up straight
- Felt roomy, with some gear stowed at the head
- Kept the critters out
- Zippers performed well with no snagging issues

We only had one full night of rain so I know I have not truly put it to the test. All in all, I'd give this tent a grade A. I cannot wait to get it out again. Would not hesitate to hole up in it for a 2-3 day deluge. Will provide an update after my next trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment