Monday, January 4, 2010

Ocean Beach (1), Surfer (0)
















I've always joked with my buddies about having to be picked up by the Coast Guard out past Seal Rock and having the TV crews waiting for you on the beach!

Well even when the surf is small you gotta watch the currents. As someone commented on the article, I can't believe this guy actually talked to the TV cameras.

My rule: when the current is ripping north at a good pace, I start heading in at VF's just in case. Never had a problem so far. Know your limits.

The video is worth watching - cringe value. At least it wasn't a bodyboarder, F'in surfers!

Read about it and watch it here! Courtesy of SFgate.com and Channel 4 News.

The pic above was taken last year on a well overhead day, probably three times bigger than the day this guy got swept out.

No comments:

Post a Comment