Saturday, September 5, 2009

Overcast Skies = BW Inspiration

The dreary weather around San Francisco has served as inspiration for some black and white photography. This is a small collection of images from my recent adventures in and around Golden Gate Park and up in the Marin Headlands. Enjoy.
















Lone Battery, Marin Headlands
















Lone Sentry, Marin Headlands
















Sentry Escape, Marin Headlands
















Sunrise, Sunset District























Eucalyptic Ghoul, Golden Gate Park























Ghoul Guarding Trail, Golden Gate Park























Shady Bend, Golden Gate Park
















Fall's Start, Golden Gate Park

For those of you that appreciate BW Photography I highly recommend checking out Marty Knapp's work. He is a photographer from Point Reyes Station here in Northern CA. I really enjoy and appreciate his work and have collected a couple of his pieces. A true Artist with a keen eye pointed toward the CA landscape.

1 comment:

  1. I received a response from Marty Knapp. I had sent him an e-mail informing him of the posting above. The following is his response:

    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

    Dickson,

    In going through my over-loaded in box, I found your letter from about a month ago! Egads, it's come to this....I can no longer keep up. Fortunately, I save stuff and eventually get to read things.

    Thanks for the positive word and linking me on your website. I enjoyed browsing your mood, dark, very black and white works. Quite appropriate for the conditions!

    Best wishes to you,
    Marty

    Marty Knapp
    Fine Art Black & White Landscape Photographs
    PO Box 426 Point Reyes Station, CA 94956
    415 663-8670 http://martyknapp.com
    =-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=



    On Sep 19, 2009, at 8:48 PM, Dickson Keyser wrote:

    > Marty,
    >
    > Have appreciated your e-mail newsletters.
    >
    > I just wanted to let you know that I have recently written about your work on my BLOG. I have also listed you in my links section. I have really appreciated your work over the years. When you get a couple minutes, come take a spin and read the brief write up. I'm sure that I'll see you this Fall when I drive through PRS.
    >
    > http://nativeobservations.blogspot.com/2009/09/overcast-skies-bw-inspiration.html
    >
    > Take care.
    >
    > Fan from San Francisco.
    >
    > Dickson.

    ReplyDelete